Policies & Procedure
BY ACCESSING, BROWSING, SEARCHING, DOWNLOADING, USING, TRANSACTING BUSINESS ON-LINE, OR PURCHASING FROM THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BELOW AND ALL POLICIES AND GUIDELINES THAT MAY BE INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE SITE TERMS OR ANY SUBSEQUENT MODIFICATION, DO NOT ACCESS, SEARCH, DOWNLOAD FROM, BROWSE, TRANSACT BUSINESS ON-LINE OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SITE.
1. Copyright. The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, database information, selection, coordination, and arrangement of the database, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Site are protected under applicable copyrights, service marks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the Site, except as allowed by Section 3, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Site. The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
2. Service marks. "California Notary Academy" are a service mark of the California Notary Academy. Other service and company names mentioned on the Site may be service marks of their respective owners.
3. Limited Right to Use. The viewing, printing or downloading of any content, graphic, form or document from the Site grants you only a limited, nonexclusive license for use solely by you for your own personal use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works or other use. No part of any content, form or document may be reproduced in any form or incorporated into any information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical, other than for your personal use (but not for resale or redistribution). You may not use or utilize framing techniques to enclose any service mark, logo or other proprietary information (including the images found at this Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page) without express written consent. Further, you may not use any meta tags or other "hidden text" utilizing the California Notary Academy name or service mark without written consent. Any unauthorized use of this Site will terminate the permission or license granted by these Site Terms and may violate applicable law including copyright laws, trademark laws, and communications regulations and statutes.
4. Editing, Deleting and Modification. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Site.
5. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our principals, attorneys, staff and affiliates (collectively, "Affiliated Parties") harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorneys' fees, related to your violation of these Site Terms or misuse of the Site.
6. Disclaimer and Limits. THE INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE," AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, AND WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT). THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS, OMISSIONS, INACCURACIES OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE. IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION THEREOF, WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US AND YOU. THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY VIRUSES CONTAINED WITHIN THE ELECTRONIC FILE CONTAINING THE FORM OR DOCUMENT IS DISCLAIMED. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND THAT MAY RESULT FROM USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SITE. OUR MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE EQUAL TO THE PURCHASE PRICE YOU PAY FOR ANY SERVICES OR INFORMATION. THE CALIFORNIA NOTARY ACADEMY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE ANY AND ALL CONTENT CONTAINED ON THIS SITE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. REFERENCE TO ANY SERVICES, PROCESSES, OR OTHER INFORMATION, BY TRADE NAME, SERVICE MARK, NAME OF MERCHANT OR BROKER, OR OTHERWISE, DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION THEREOF BY THE CLAIFORNIA NOTARY ACADEMY.
7. Miscellaneous. This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in the United States, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site (and/or any information or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted as in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be brought solely in the courts located in the United States. You expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of said courts and consent to extraterritorial service of process. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence. Our failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision
We reserve the right to revise our terms at any time without prior notice.
Additional Terms and Conditions
The information contained in this Site is for general guidance on matters of interest only. The application and impact of laws can vary widely based on the specific facts involved. Given the changing nature of laws, rules and regulations, and the inherent hazards of electronic communication, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in information contained in this Site. Accordingly, the information on this Site is provided with the understanding that the authors and publishers are not herein engaged in rendering legal, tax, or other professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, tax, legal or other competent advisers. Before making any decision or taking any action, you should consult a professional. While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this Site has been obtained from reliable sources, California Notary Academy is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. All information in this Site is provided "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. All sales of products and/or services are final with no warranty or guarantee of satisfaction expressed or implied. In no event will California Notary Academy, its related partnerships or corporations, or the partners, agents or employees thereof be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information in this Site or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Certain links in this Site connect to other Web Sites maintained by third parties over whom California Notary Academy has no control. California Notary Academy makes no representations as to the accuracy or any other aspect of information contained in other Web Sites.
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Privacy Contact information
By Phone: 925-234-8897
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted. We reserve the right to refuse service/sales of products and/or discounts to anyone with no further explanation required.
Educational Courses and Registration Information
All registration for live educational courses and proctored exam must be completed at the college where the course is being offered. Your course registration at the college selected includes the applicable handbook, instruction and proctored exam at the same location if allowed by the State of California and the Notary Test Proctoring Authorities if applicable. Once the course is completed, no refunds will be issued.
All registration for Home-Study Courses will be processed and completed within 3 days of receipt, not including weekends or holidays, by California Notary Academy. Once the course materials have been completed or shipped, there are no refunds. The California home study course material must be studied and completed within a three month (90 day) period to be eligible to receive the "Proof of Completion" certificate.
All rules and regulations from the State of California must be adhered to for compliance.
All course registrations and supply purchases will be processed and completed within three business days of receipt. If you have not received a confirmation within 72 hours after submitting the registration or order email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notarial Supplies Information
Once the notarial supplies have been shipped, there are no refunds. The notary stamp, embossers, errors and omissions, Bonds and other innovative notary supplies offered are special order and unique. For this reason, returns are not permitted. If there is an error on the part of California Notary Academy, we will bear the cost of shipping and replace the item. Warranties for supplies will be directed to the manufacturer with the assistance of California Notary Academy. All supply purchases will be processed and completed within three business days of receipt. If you have not received an order confirmation within 72 hours after submitting the registration or order email@example.com to confirm the registration or purchase.
(Absolutely no two party or more checks). Personal check, money order, cashier’s check, Visa/MasterCard, or PayPal may be used to pay for class fees and/or supplies. Payment is due immediately upon registration or purchase.
Returned Checks, Money Orders/Credit Card Charge backs
All returned checks and Visa/MasterCard charge backs are subject to a $45.00 service fee. If the amount due is not paid within 30 (thirty) days of notice, then action in small claims court will proceed promptly or other collection efforts as allowed by law. The amount to be collected will be the maximum allowed by law. Currently the amount is three times the amount of the check, plus the check and fees, in addition to the court costs.
Cancellation and Reschedule class requests must be processed through the college where originally registered. Cancellations and Reschedules policies follow the policy of each college.
No reschedule or cancellations are accepted for the Home-Study Course after the course materials are shipped.
Refunds for canceled or Delayed Educational Sessions
All California notary public applicants are eligible for a full refund if;
1. There is a cancellation of the scheduled educational class
2. If the instructors fails to show up for the session
3. If the instructor is more than 15 minutes late.
All refunds will Refunds for canceled or Delayed Educational Sessions be processed within 30 days and sent to you in the form of a check if the college is not responsible for the refund due. No refunds for the Home Study course will be issued once the course materials are shipped.
No other Refunds will be issued.
Returned Mail, Home Study Course Material, or Supply Purchased
Any mail, Home Study Course Material or supply purchases returned will not be re-shipped until contact with the recipient has been completed to ensure the proper mailing information. Recipient is responsible for any additional shipping charges and fees incurred.
6 Hour Live Course:
Registration begins at 8:00 am and the class begins promptly at 8:30 am. There will be two 15-minute stretching breaks and a one-hour lunch break during the day. The class will end at 4:00 pm. The state proctors are scheduled to begin registering for the state proctored notary exam at 4:00 pm and will begin the exam once all students present are registered.
3 Hour Live Course:
Registration begins at 12:15 pm and the class begins promptly at 12:30 am. There will be one
15-minute stretching breaks during the course. The class will end at 4:00 pm. The state proctors are scheduled to begin registering for the state proctored notary exam at 4:00 pm and will begin the exam once all students present are registered.
3 Hour and 6 Hour Home Study:
No class schedule is available for the Home Study Course. The course is at the convenience of the student.
Mobile Notary Signing Agent Certification Test
Due to some students taking months to complete the loan signing certification test, some new policies have been adopted to ensure that this process remains fair and efficient. A student has 3 months from the date of their class to submit the test, once the test is submitted /corrected, a student will have 4 weeks to submit corrected answers. Once the test is corrected the student has four weeks, to submit the answers. If the test is not received within the 3 month period or the answers not submitted within the 4 week period I will file your test and no certificate will be issued. To retake the test, a $25 certification test fee will be required along with a new test with new answers. To request a new test please email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visa, Master Card, Check, Money Order, or PayPal. Mail checks and money orders to:
(Payable to: CALIFORNIA NOTARY ACADEMY)
California Notary Academy
PO Box 393
Brentwood, California 94513
Notary Commission and Notary Application Process
A completed notary application and a $40 check made payable to the Secretary of State is due to the Secretary of State. This fee is due when you register for the notary exam with Cooperative Personnel Services. Within two weeks after the notary exam, the exam results will be mailed with instructions on how to complete the rest of the application process. You may also view your online exam results here: https://notary.cps.ca.gov/. In addition to the application, the notary candidate must provide a 2" x 2" color passport photo and pass the state proctored notary exam and pass the DOJ and FBI background check.
We reserve the right to revise our policies at any time without prior notice.
All registration for live educational courses and proctored exam must be completed at the college where the course is being offered. Your course registration at the college selected includes the handbook, instruction and proctored exam (The student is responsible for the $40.00 commission fee due at the time of testing) at the same location if allowed by the State of California and the Notary Test Proctoring Authorities if applicable. Once the course is completed, no refunds will be issued.
All registration for Home-Study Courses will be processed and completed within 3 days of receipt, not including weekends or holidays, by California Notary Academy. Once the course materials have been completed or shipped, there are no refunds. The California home study course material must be studied and completed within a three month (90 day) period to be eligible to receive the "Proof of Completion" certificate. All rules and regulations from the State of California must be adhered to for compliance.
All course registrations and supply purchases will be processed and completed within three business days of receipt. If you have not received a confirmation within 72 hours after submitting the registration or order email admin@californianotaryacademy to confirm the registration or purchase.
California Notary Academy provides educational training seminars for new and renewing notaries in California.
California Notary Academy offers basic, intermediate and advanced Notary Public educational seminars in California community colleges and Home Study in California.
Innovative notary supplies are offered to students during and after the seminars. The supplies are designed to support the notary. All supplies are invaluable tools for all notaries to perform their notarial duties properly and faithfully. Where applicable, the supplies meet and exceed the requirements set forth by notary public statutes.
Additionally, there are supplies available to purchase for notaries in our "Notary Store"
California Live Notary Education:
California Notary Academy is an approved vendor for the State of California to provide the mandatory Notary Public Education.
The following vendor numbers have been issued to California Notary Academy from California Sectary of State for state approved education:
Vendor Number for 6 (Six) Hour Live State Approved Seminar is 604112;
Vendor Number for 3 (Three) Hour Live State Approved Seminar is 304113;
Vendor Number for 6 (Six) Hour Home Study State Approved Seminar is 602571;
Vendor Number for 3 (Three) Hour Home Study State Approved Seminar is 302612;
All materials are updated and reauthorized to include legislative updates for 2008, 2009 and 2012.
At the California Notary Academy, we offer a full spectrum of services educational training seminars for new and renewing notaries in California. We also offer in-field training & mentoring to advance your skills further.
Our goal is to provide quality training to all notary candidates with basic and advanced notary educational courses, but also create and supply innovative tools to assist notaries in their everyday lives.
California Notary Academy provides educational training seminars for new and renewing notaries in California. Additionally, there are supplies available for purchase and in-field training/mentoring available for notaries wishing to advance their skills further.
California Notary Regulations: The Secretary of State's office has adopted regulations regarding mandatory notary education for notaries public. All applicants appointed on or after July 1, 2005, will be required to satisfactorily complete a course of study approved by the Secretary of State prior to appointment as a notary public (Government Code section 8201). In addition, the Secretary of State will review and approve all courses of study submitted by notary education vendors (Government Code section 8201.2).
California Notary Academy has been an approved notary education provider since May 2005. In addition to the live seminar courses offered at local community colleges, we also offer a Home Study version.
On occasion, a dupicate "Certificate of Completion" is necessary or requested. The request for the duplicate certificate is available for a nominal fee.
Notary Public Live 6-Hour Mandatory California Educational Course: State approved education in preparation as a California Notary Public. Required for all new and renewing notaries. Effective July 1, 2005. California Notary Academy is an approved vendor for the state of California. The approval was issued through the Secretary of State's office. The current vendor number is 604112 for the approved 6 hour live notary education course of study..
Home-Study Notary Public 6-Hour Mandatory California Educational Course: State approved education in preparation as a California Notary Public. Required for all new and renewing notaries. Effective July 1, 2005. California Notary Academy is an approved vendor for the state of California. The approval was issued through the Secretary of State's office. The current vendor number is 602571 for the approved 6 hour home study notary education course of study.
Notary Public Live 3-hour Mandatory California Education Renewal Course: State approved education in preparation as a renewing California Renewing Notary Public. This course is required for all currant California Notary Commission Notary Publics who's commission has not expired. The current vendor number is 304113 for the approved notary 3 hour live education course of study.
Home-Study Notary Public 3-Hour Mandatory California Education Renewal Course: State approved education in perparation for renewing your Notary Commission is required for all California Renewing Notary Publics. The current vendor number is 302612 for the approved 3 hour home study notary educational course of study.
Mobile Notary Signing Agent & Loan Document Training: This is an advanced notary training to prepare California notaries how to close real estate loans with confidence. Training includes loan documents for examples of a real life situation.
Real Life Notary Skills for Everyday Use: This is an advanced notary training to prepare California notaries how to complete the complicated job duties with less confusion and more confidence. The course has been updated for the 2008 and 2012 legislative changes and will guide all Notaries through the challenges presented daily to avoid fines, penalties and possible administrative actions.